Lectures, Tutorials and Practical
It is compulsory for every student to attend lectures and tutorials/practical in each of the subject taken up for study. The students would be divided into sections or groups for lectures/practical. It is expected from every student to find out her section/group/days/periods well in time so as not to miss any of the classes. In case a student does not find her name/roll number in any of the sections/groups for any lecture or practical class, she should bring this fact to the notice of the concerned teacher immediately.
Discipline and Attendance
Every student of the college must abide by the rules and regulations of the college and University. According to University regulation, student of undergraduate courses is required to attend at least 75% of the total lectures and tutorials/practicals separately in each subject. Students falling short of attendance will not be allowed to appear for the University Annual Examinations.
All applications for leave of absence due to sickness must be supported by a medical certificate issued by an authorized medical practitioner or hospital and should reach the Principal office not later than a week of the student joining the college after her illness. This rule will be enforced strictly in giving benefit of attendance on medical grounds.
25% of the maximum marks in each paper in undergraduate courses are assigned for internal assessment and the remaining 75% marks for the annual/semester University Examination
- 10% of the total internal assessment is assigned to House Examinations to be conducted by the college preferably in the beginning of the third term for annual courses and(in the middle of the semester for semester courses.
- Each student shall be assessed on the basis of written assignments/tutorials as well as on the basis of project/term papers/seminars. 10% weightage out of 25% shall be for such written assignments, and project reports/presentations/term papers/seminars..
- 5% weightage be given for regularity in attending lectures. The credit for regularity in each paper based on attendance shall be as follows:
|More than 67% but less than 70%||-||1 mark|
|70% or more but less than 75%||-||2 marks|
|75% or more but less than 80%||-||3 marks|
|80% or more but less than 85%||-||4 marks|
|85% or more||-||5 marks|
(Medical certificates shall be excluded while calculating credit towards marks to be awarded for regularity, though such certificates shall continue to be taken into account for the purpose of calculating eligibility to appear for examinations as per the existing provisions of Ordinance VII.2.(9)(a)(ii).)
Identity cards are issued to all students. Newly admitted students should get their identity cards soon after admission and get it renewed every year. It is compulsory for the student to carry the identity card with her to the college every day. The student should be able to present her identity card on demand by the college authorities.
In case of loss/damage of identity card, a duplicate card can be obtained from the college office by paying a nominal fee.
Four library cards are issued to each student. Out of these four cards, three cards (green cards) are for routine books loan where the books are issued for a period of four days. If the books are not returned after four days, fine is calculated as per the library rules. The fourth card (yellow card) is used only for the overnight book issue for the text book only. The periodicals of the library are only for reference. The students can get photocopy of the same by paying Re.l per page. The Project reports of the library is also only for reference. Students are not allowed to get a photocopy of the same.
Students are advised to read the notice board regularly and comply with the orders and instructions relevant from time to time.
Medals and Prizes
Medals for the best academic performance in each course are awarded at the end of 1st, Ilnd and IHrd year. Apart from academic prizes, medals and prizes for various activities as conducted in the college throughout the year are also awarded.
Seminars and Workshops
The college organizes seminars/ workshops in order to have a direct interaction with various industries /research institutes. Eminent speakers are invited to deliver talks in their respective fields of specialization. Lectures by skilled professionals are also conducted in the college from time to time for the benefit of the students. It is compulsory for every student to attend these seminars/workshops/lectures failing which strict disciplinary action would be taken against the erring students.